Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Today was a good day."

According to Richt, Malcolm Mitchell will "be ready to play" Saturday.
Now the No. 14 Bulldogs look like they will get Mitchell back for Saturday’s key game against No. 24 Auburn.
“I’m convinced he’ll be ready to play,” coach Mark Richt said after Wednesday’s practice, Mitchell’s most extensive work since his injury. “I think it’s great. It’s just more guys that can make plays for us and more guys that will be able to share the load.”
Mitchell has 25 catches  and still leads the team with 438 receiving yards to go along with three touchdowns.
“I’m just a little help,” the freshman said with a smile after Wednesday’s practice. “I ain’t too much. … They’ve been doing really good. I wouldn’t expect no less from them.”
Richt said that Mitchell “practiced a lot. He ran full speed in my mind. He might not have been full speed, but he looked pretty close to running full speed, changing direction, jumping, catching balls.”
Mitchell said he sat out one or two drills.
“I’m feeling good,” Mitchell said.. “I’m encouraged. Today was a good day.”
Let's hope Saturday is even better.

No comments: