Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chad Gloer, UGA Letterman



Great piece by Loran Smith yesterday on Chad Gloer.  I like it for several reasons, not the least of which is that it reminds me of why I love college football.
Chad didn’t enroll in Athens to prepare for a long career in pro football. He came to earn a degree and to enjoy being a member of the Georgia team. He played because he loved the game and, not insignificantly, he loved his school.
The humility of his attitude makes one appreciate college football – the greatest of games. While I am, as a Georgia graduate, proud of those who bring great honor to the institution with their ability to excel among the NFL’s best, I will always have a warm place in my heart for the Chad Gloers, and those who walk on and play because of their affection for the game and for love of alma mater. He didn’t make All-America, but will be remembered as an all-American boy.
Thank you Chad. You're a Damn Good Dawg. 

1 comment:

AthensHomerDawg said...

He played with a lot of heart.