Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Boykin and Glenn Jumping Ship?



If AJ and Houston are near certain locks for an early departure, it would seem that Boykin and Cordy Glenn are on the next tier - about 50/50. Both were in that meeting with Falcons' exec Rich McKay last week. And even though both have had less than stellar 2010 seasons, they may end up opting to leave Athens altogether. Glenn has been projected highly on underclassmen draft boards and is rumored to be considering the option of leaving seriously. Boykin's status sounds like it depends mostly on the feedback he gets from the NFL.


But all in all, Georgia's electrifying kick returner sounds like he's taking the decision in stride:
“I think I played pretty well, but I’ve got a lot of things I need to improve on,” Boykin said. “Going back and looking at the film from the last couple of games, there were a lot of plays that I left on the field. But overall, I feel pretty good.”
I think both realize they can only improve their stock with a solid senior season. We'll just have to see how satisfied they are with where they stand now.

No comments: