Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yeh, But Can He Block Justin Houston?


We'll see Marcus Lattimore Thursday night when the lamecocks take on Southern Miss to kick off the 2010 season. If you're unaware, Lattimore is a homegrown true freshman running back who was highly sought after on the recruiting trails. He's not only expected to contribute, he may even start.
First of all, I want to win the game. And help the team in any way that I can -- scoring, any way I can.
 I don't give damn if he gains 350 yards against the Golden Eagles in the first half, as long as Justin Houston can get one good crack at him as Shaw/Garcia drops back a week later.

1 comment:

AthensHomerDawg said...

I'm sure he will get his yards but not without a price. This will be pounding he hasn't experienced before. I expect a few missed assignments as well. I'm hyped about the D. Count the number of seniors and juniors on the D front and at linebacker. That's a mature mix of players and they will not panic in the trenches. I look forward to seeing some well executed and disciplined defense this year.