Tuesday, August 31, 2010

He Had me at Death Row...


I've tried to contain my enthusiasm. And I think I've done a pretty good job. I mean, Coach Grantham hasn't even registered his first sack...yet.

But then there's stuff like this:
That's where I really began to get a feel for taking people away, making people beat you left-handed (trying to negate what opponents do well) and trying to utilize your players maybe a little bit differently. I would have to give Nick (Saban) credit for that.
Then this:
They (his '95 d-line at Virginia Tech) kind of came up with that (the moniker Death Row) on their own and got shirts for it. It was a fun group to coach because they worked hard, they practiced and they made plays. They had a little bit of an attitude to them .
The comparisons to Erk may be premature, but I'll be damned if dude doesn't talk the talk. Just hope he walks with a similar gait as well.

No comments: