Friday, March 1, 2013

Around the tailgate - Gators, gators...bite my ass

I'd like to thank these guys for filling in the last week or so. Hope I can buy you all a beer real soon. To wrap this up, let's talk about how much Florida sucks. And it's Friday, so please don't hold back.

Lastly, in 3000 words or less, why does Florida suck? No seriously, do you think we've turned the tide in the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party?

Joe Waterloo - I don’t know that we’ve turned the tide in the Florida series but we have certainly leveled the played field.  2 in a row and 3 of the last 6 is what a rivalry should look like (unless you’re GaTech and then 1 out of 10 sounds about right.) As for why does Florida sucks – because it ain’t in Athens.

AthensHomerDawg - Florida sucks. When we win this year we are close ..... 4 in a row is a start of trend. Of course we do need to beat uSC or this won't make sense. ;-)

Son of AHD - Florida is completely one dimensional. They were exposed as such in many of the games they played this year. They BARELY beat A&M, LSU, Mizzou, and LA-Lafayette. Then they got completely embarrassed against the Louisville Charlie Strongs. Muschamp is a hell of a D coordinator, but he just ain’t a head coach.

Smoke Wagon - Yes.  Do I think we will start dominating them?  No, but we have definitely turned the tide from the years that our players, coaches, and fans were intimidated by Florida.  While I am not a fan of show boating or acting like morons with no discipline, I still think the dancing in the end zone against Tebow and Urvin Meyers was the turning point.  I am not saying the dancing caused us to win.  However, as a fan, when I saw the dancing, I knew our players and coaches had brought a different mentality to that game.  For years, I had seen us coach scared in the cocktail party, but every since that game we have had a different mentality in Jax. I believe the real turning point came prior to the game, because the coaches and players looked different from the opening kickoff.  However, it was the dance that made me in the stands realize it was different.  Knowshon was pretty special that day as well.  I think the off week is a real factor, but most importantly, our coaching staff clearly approach that game with a different mentality and it is one that I like. 

Namaman - I think we have turned that mental corner.  As for the full tide, we shall see.  It is crazy how we always seemed to lose that game no matter how much more talent we had on the field.  It got in players heads as well as the fans.  We now know that we can win on a consistent basis in Jax, so I think things will continue to go well for the DAWGS at the WLOCP - that and keep @FiskPudge and @Cordeus coming to the games!!!