Thursday, February 28, 2013

Around the tailgate - the schedule

So, while I'm away we take the pulse of the tailgate. Back on dry ground again, but many miles to go. The 2012 and 2013 schedules couldn't be more different, at least in terms of coming out of the gate. Which scheduling philosophy do you like best?

Do you prefer the 2012 schedule where we kind of eased into things, or the 2013 where we put rubber to the road right out of the gates?


Joe Waterloo - Despite all the preseason pub that goes with coming out of the gates firing I’d still prefer a light weight opponent to start the season off.  Give me a great game in week 2 for sure, but no one wants to start the season with a loss – even if it gives you the whole season to make up for it. Something about starting 0-1 that really sucks the life out of me.



AthensHomerDawg - I'm ready to GATA this year. Wonder what the OBC will fine to whine about?



Son of AHD -I'd definitely say I prefer when we ease into things. In the past few years the Dawgs have been more of a second half of the year kind of team. Hopefully we can change that tendency this season. 



Smoke Wagon - 2013 without hesitation.  I want to play the toughest schedule and the biggest games.  I am a fan that wants to see big and important football games.  I hate playing patsies any time during the season.  I could go on and on about this, but it is a simple as that.  Big games =  fun, ratings, respect, passion, memories. More Big Games = More fun, more ratings, more respect, more passion, more memories. 



Namaman - We might as well crank it up from the start.  I do think our offense should be able to put us in a great position to start fast as our defense has some time to come together.