Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Flashback: the 1996 miracle marathon

Nama and I were reminiscing on this one just this weekend. It's one of those games in Georgia history that you'll always remember. Just a classic contest that's broken into three parts: the first half that sucked, the second half comeback and a historical and extremely tense overtime. If only Uga V had gotten a hold of Robert Baker's balls athletic cup it would've been even more picture perfect.

This video includes Munson's call and his comments. Classic game in a classic rivalry.


h/t Dawg19

3 comments:

namaman said...

Thanks B. Been a long time since I have seen those highlights. Was great seing them again. I had forgotten how much of a beast Edwards was!

Matthew Smith said...

I remember listening to this game on the way to Fred's for the oyster roast. Had to pull over and focus on the game. Great win!

namaman said...

Thanks B. Been a long time since I have seen those highlights. Was great seing them again. I had forgotten how much of a beast Edwards was!