Friday, May 11, 2012

Q-Hicks has moxy

I really like Quayvon Hicks' bravado...
There could be opportunity for the 6-foot-3, 250-pound Hicks to make an impact at a fullback position where Zander Ogletree is joined by walk-ons Merritt Hall and Dustin Royston. Tailback Richard Samuel also got work at the position this spring and could be a factor.
Ogletree is a 5-foot-10, 224-pound junior.
“Zander Ogletree I think is a great man, but in SEC ball, you’ve got to have the size and I think that’s what he’s missing right now,” Hicks said. “I think I can come in and become great teammates with him and we can do this thing together.”
...hope he also walks the walk.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Ogletree might have something to say about that. He looked very good against the Barners. And don't forget there have been some great undersized FB's  at Georgia.  Especially one who can catch the ball out of the backfield.
Veron Haynes FB 5'9" 222. 6th rounder?   
Hey! How come we quit throwing it to the backs out of the backfield? DickSamIV was money when we did that.

Bernie said...

And Zander's brother Tree might have something to say about that in August as well, on the practice field. :)

And stop asking me questions I have no answer for!