Friday, March 2, 2012

Malcolm in the huddles

For all those doubting whether or not Malcolm Mitchell should be given a shot at defensive back...how can you possibly question a guy with this kind of attitude:
“I don’t want to come off the field,” he said. “I will put in the work to make sure I can physically withstand it all. If I get the opportunity, I would definitely take advantage of it.”
The 6-foot-1 Mitchell has put on some weight to get up to 192 pounds and would love to be thought of like another guy who was a threat on offense and defense.
Mitchell was "all in" their endzone, cuz he's all in for Georgia!
“Of course nobody could be like Champ Bailey,” Mitchell said. “He was a great player here, but I would like the opportunity to try to do a little bit of the things he did.”
He will put in the work. He would take advantage of the opportunity. Doesn't sound to me like he's afraid of injuries. Doesn't sound to me like he thinks his opportunities will get in the way of his production. After all, it was his idea.
Mitchell didn’t need any coaxing for him to help out in a depleted secondary at cornerback.
“I’m really excited,” Mitchell said. “It’s something I want to do. Not just something that just popped up. I actually approached them.”
Mitchell said he went to coach Mark Richt’s office in January when school started up again following the Outback Bowl loss.
“He said it wouldn’t be a bad idea,” Mitchell said.
The dismissals of cornerbacks Chris Sanders and Nick Marshall made that idea more of a necessity.
“The incident that happened here when we lost a couple of corners made it more to think about,” Mitchell said.
In his own words "nobody could be like Champ Bailey". But, I firmly believe that Mitchell should be in every huddle he wants to take part in. Then after about 10 years we might get another player that has the chance to say something along the lines of "nobody could be like Malcolm Mitchell".

With a Masters Degree in Business Administration you can take part in helping to manage a sports franchise with these accredited online colleges.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Watching Malcolm Mitchell play high school football was a real treat. There was never a doubt who the best player on the field was. 

Bernie said...

He's a special athlete. Won't be long before the same is true of him and the other 21 players on the collegiate field.