Saturday, December 10, 2011

With a sad heart...

...I aim my car towards Athens today. So many times I've driven into Clarke County and turned towards Sanford eager with anticipation, due mostly to one man's voice. Today however I go to remember his lasting impact on not just one Dawg Nation, but generations of college football fans alike.


The man who's passion for the Silver Britches was only outmatched by his voice. Today we remember you, forever we will miss you.


God Bless You Larry Munson!



4 comments:

Bernie said...

To me Larry was the Georgia Bulldogs. I listened to him long before I Ever attended a game. He pulled for them and had you pulling for them too! He painted a picture like no one else and in my minds eye I could see the Hedges, Uga, coach Dooley and the beloved Erk. Red tops, red jerseys and silver britches going left to right towards the tracks. You were there at Sanford stadium ready to bleed red and black for the Dawgs!

He will always be the connection to the many dawg fans that heard his broadcast magic. He is deeply missed but his voice and passion will live on forever.

The Bulldawg Nation salutes you today! Thanks, Larry!! Go Dawgs!

Bernie said...

Since I cannot be there today I will listen to the memorial service on the radio. A fitting tribute to the greatest play by play announcer of any kind. RIP Larry.....

Bernie said...

Very well said Darrell. We were so lucky to have him.

Bernie said...

Glad they put it on the air. It was a fitting tribute.