Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Remember this guy?

Something's been irritating me. Let me get straight to the point here.


I keep seeing articles and comments about how Boo Malcome should get the start in the bowl. As we discussed yesterday, people are sick of #1 and ready for someone who runs like Malcome did late in the Tech and LSU games.


Great. I get that. But what I don't get is how soon we forget this...





As I said yesterday, I'm not giving up on Crowell. And I have enjoyed what little I've seen of Malcome so far. He definitely seems to have turned a corner.

But for my money...given EVERYTHING Richard Samuel has done to help this program...EVERY sacrifice and position change...the starting tailback spot at the University of Georgia is DICK SAM IV's to lose for the remainder of his matriculation in Athens.

Now, as you were.

5 comments:

AthensHomerDawg said...

I hear ya!  After sitting for 5 weeks can DickSamIV get game ready?  Get your best players on the field and lets get a W and start working on Dream Team II. If the rumors I'm hearing about academics are true ...... some of this will sort itself out.

Bernie said...

I just love me some Richard Samuel IV. You look at kids like Crowell who have to adjust to big time college athlete when they're 18. And then you remember Richard Samuel did the same thing when he was SIXTEEN...during off season conditioning after enrolling early.

Of course, helping to ice the GA/fla game a few weeks ago also did a LOT to solidify his place in my Dawg heart.

BuzMan said...

I think it just took our coaches and maybe Samuel himself a while to figure out that RSIV can be the pounding straight ahead force that will make linebackers slow to close in the second half. Don't run him around the edge.  Run him straight at the defender that bothers you the most. The boy has given a lot to UGA and I'd like to see him reap the rewards.

Bernie said...

Homer, I'm hearing the same thing about academics, re IC

Bernie said...

Gotcha... but there is this:     For the second year in a row, the No. 1-rated running back in the nation is headed to UGA.