Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Former player updates

In case anyone is interested...


Brent Benedict is transferring to VA Tech. He chose Blacksburg despite interest from Florida, among others.

“I liked Virginia Tech the first time around [in the recruiting process],” Benedict said. “It’s a great program with a coaching staff that’s been there awhile. They win games and do well in the ACC. I’m really excited to get up there.”
After sitting out a year because of NCAA transfer rules, Benedict will be a redshirt sophomore in 2012. Did Benedict want to avoid facing his old school?“Maybe that was in the back of my mind a little bit,” Benedict said. “It could still happen with a bowl game. My main focus was choosing the place where I felt I fit the best. Virginia Tech was the best fit for me.”
Caleb King (with much help from Coach Richt) continues to weigh his professional options. He met with Arizona Cardinals RB coach Tommie Robinson the other day as well as a CFL team official yesterday. My guess is he tests the waters of the supplemental draft unless something guaranteed comes to him before the NFL lockout is over.

No comments: