Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cock Fights and other non-news out of Chickumbia

File this under "I" for irrelevant


Alshon Jeffery was allegedly arrested for trying to be a HillBilly (...fighting...in a bar...) on Friday but details are sketchy.

Miller initially reported that Jeffery's arrest was related to a fight that involved teammate Nick Allison. But that was erroneous. Miller corrected it to say it was teammate Cody Gibson, a redshirt freshman from Tallahassee, Fla.

Miller said Gibson had teeth knocked out and needed dental work. That part I can confirm with some confidence. Someone I know and trust saw him Saturday night and said he was missing three teeth. Another person just told me he was hurt pretty badly in the fight.
As for Jeffery, he's "shaking his head"...or taking out a "lien"...or maybe both. I'm not sure.

So, I get how Gibson's name is out there. But where does Jeffery, the junior receiver from St. Matthews, fit into this? 

According to Jeffery, he doesn't. 


 Alshon Jeffery 

And later ...


 Alshon Jeffery 
I called my Vegas insider and he suspected the early odds this morning would be best for a Spurrier suspension followed soon by a complete vindication. Stay tuned. Or not. Cuz it doesn't matter much anyway. As the players say...smdh at yu Spurrears...


"Missing a beat" means missing the recycling bin


Yesterday Aschoff outlined the importance of the Georgia-Carolina game, both this season and in seasons past. It follows mostly on point until you get to this:
South Carolina, the East's defending champ, will enter the season as the East favorite and returns a solid defensive unit that should feature one of the most ferocious pass-rushing groups in the league. Marcus Lattimore and Alshon Jeffery are back on offense and if troubled quarterback Stephen Garcia stays focused, the Gamecocks shouldn't miss a beat. 
Let me start with the fact that I'm assuming Aschoff is implying Garcia stay focused on football. Which I'm all for. Hell, he played last season tanked off his mullet and took the chickens to the big city. The more he says these words - My name is Stephen and I have a drinking problem... - to his support group the better the chance Brandon Boykin catches more passes than Jeffery on September 10th.


Here's hoping Garcia's recycling bin stays stays thirsty for natty cans this Fall. By late September the ol ball coach will be installing the "Latt Cat" offense.


Lolz!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He will be suspended for the first practice.