Thursday, May 19, 2011

2013: Death Valley dreaming

Now that the home and home with Clempson is official I can commence the real trash talkin' with my tiger ragged family members.

Georgia and Clemson agreed back in 2005 to resume their football series. Now they have dates for those games in 2013 and 2014.
Georgia confirmed that it will play in Death Valley on Aug. 31, 2013 and the Tigers will visit Athens on Aug. 30, 2014.
Georgia said its game with North Texas that was initially slated to open the 2013 season will now be played on Sept. 21, 2013.
Gerogia and Clemson agreed to their games in August of 2005, but the dates were “TBA,” according to the contract.
The schools have played 62 games, the last in 2003 when Georgia won at Clemson 30-0.
Yeh, for that 2003 game I was singing Glory, Glory, surrounded by orange and sitting right next to my dad.  The game went about as he had predicted at the tailgate outside their Death Valley, but he was still less than amused.


In 2013 the Dawgs should be stocked; primed and ready for a serious run. Aaron Murray's senior season, Crowell's junior...and surely a receiving threat to take AJ's place by then. And we'll have to be good because the 2013 schedule promises to be much more daunting than the one we're facing this Fall. After playing at Clemson we also visit LSUs Death Valley and have Bama at home. The only breather in the first month of the season is that we get North Texas and an open date between South Carolina and LSU.


Our last games against these two Tiger squads on the road were marked by stellar defensive plays. Pollack couldn't be blocked against Clemson and Gamble spent 60 minutes disguised as an LSU receiver. As loaded as we'll be offensively in 2013, it should be a defensive stud to help us win those future games.


I wonder who?

4 comments:

Pl0we said...

I wish we played Clemson every year. Its a great rivalry

Bernie said...

I don't know that Lake Hartwell could survive meeting every year. lol Or my family ties for that matter.

But I agree, I think it's been a great rivalry with some great games.

Ben Vaughan said...

Meet you at the Plez-U/Tiger Qwik Mart/Wall Of Beer around noon on Friday August 30th, 2013?

Bernie said...

Don't meet me there. Beat me there!