Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Practice Notes, 4/7

This'll probably be short and sweet as we just had a long day touring Savannah. Did you know Terry Bradshaw and Joe Namath once attempted to debaucherize downtown Savannah? More on that later.


Meanwhile, practice resumes today. Let's hit some highlights.

  • Weiszer brings a picture of what Abry Jones can do at DE with Kwame growing into the NT role and John Jenkins coming in this summer. I had forgotten what great size Jones has for that position.
  • Massaquoi...Durham...Bennett.
  • Instant panic and the position of left tackle don't necessarily go together. But Sturdivant is making it work now.
  • The new and improved Grantham 3-4 is throwing some loops. And I approve.
  • Lastly, in addition to what was posted yesterday on Caleb...here's a great post by Page that I missed. Pretty much sums up where things stand with our senior RB.
I understand the frustration with Ealey and King's lack of consistent production. Really I do. I can't speak for Ealey just yet...and I hesitate to buy in on Spring quotes...but King seems both poised for a breakout season AND the perfect mentor for the young pup who's about two-thirds the way through Senior English.


For one, I'm gonna give em some space to do some work.


Go Dawgs!

4 comments:

AthensHomerDawg said...

Any news on Conley???

Bernie said...

Damn. Tryna make me work while on vacay huh Homer. I'll see what I can find.

zenarcher said...

i got a #4BRETTFARVE story to share with you later re: the night he and some friends of his stormed #CITYMARKET IN SAVANNAH! circa early 19 and 91! hope you liked the hostess city! saw you all were at bubba's. man, i wish i had known... it's good, but i'd have turned ya on to something betta! did you get to tybee? just down the road from bubba's...peace #HAIRYDAWG!

AthensHomerDawg said...

Be sure to do the carriage ride.
;-)