Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mumme Poll - week eight

My ballot for this week:
  1. Oregon
  2. Auburn
  3. TCU
  4. Boise State
  5. Alabama
  6. Missouri
  7. Wisconsin
  8. Oklahoma
  9. Michigan State
  10. Stanford
  • Shuffling the top teams after the Oklahoma loss wasn't too hard, but deciding who was in what position 6-10 took a little brain stretching.
  • As promised, I brought Wisconsin in this week after they held on against Iowa on the road. In short, Bielema had me at fake punt.
  • I actually got to watch some of the Michigan State game. They didn't look like a top team for most of the way, but rallied and held on by a thread to my ballot. 
  • Stanford is another team I'm not sold on as yet. Wash St scored 28 on them, but 21 of those were in garbage time. I don't see another hurdle on the Cardinal's schedule other than 'Zona. Maybe another team will step and prove themselves more worthy. A team like say..... 
  • ...LSU. They were beaten by a sexy and awesome Auburn team, so maybe they have an argument to stay in. But that is just one awful offense. I know they say defense wins championships, but you gotta score at some point, right?
  • I moved Boise up. I hate doing that, even though it was just one spot. Deep down I don't think I actually believe that they are better than Alabama. And if Saban's minions go to the bayou and put up a big number on the Hat...the Tide will jump at least one undefeated team.

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    You don't care who they have beat, or in the case of the ones you have listed above those who have beat teams this year, who they haven't.

    Bernie said...

    Your comment is an even greater mystery than your name Anon. If you gave me something specific I might be able to address your concern. If it helps, I fill out the ballot based on who I think are the best teams, in order.

    In other words, as of week 8 I think Oregon and Auburn should play for the Nat'l Title.