Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mumme Poll Ballot - week seven

Like last year (and many others in the blogosphere and on Twitter), I plan to make my Mumme Poll balloting transparent. So here's my ballot for this week:
  1. Oregon
  2. TCU
  3. Oklahoma
  4. Auburn
  5. Boise State
  6. Alabama
  7. Michigan State
  8. LSU
  9. Missouri
  10. Stanford
  • Oregon was easy at the top. But I had some difficulty with the order after that. When faced with pesky pecking order decisions, I try to balance strength of schedule to date and quality wins. Therefore Boise is barely in my top five.
  • One of the more interesting sub-plots to the SEC season I think will be how well Auburn handles their rise to stardom. It's one thing to use TP for Toomer's Corner, it's quite another to use it to clean yourself.
  • Towards the bottom half, I have Alabama ahead of a couple undefeated teams (four actually if you include the two that didn't make it: Okie State and Utah). This decision will either be affirmed or die in flames in the coming weeks.
  • I struggled some keeping Wisconsin out. That was a big win Saturday night. But I'm not one who was too high on Ohio State to begin with. I'm actually hoping the Badgers prove me wrong. If they beat #15 Iowa on the road Saturday there's a couple teams they should hurdle.

No comments: