Thursday, May 19, 2011

While we're plodding along towards September...

We're nearing the 100 day mark, I think. That seems an eternity. I had a dream the other night we were suddenly just a couple days from kickoff in the GA Dome and I was way behind on posting. I'm sure similar anxiousness has tormented you as well.


So, while we're miserable together...


I plan to have a weekly Beer of the Week post. I have a fridge full of this stuff. I'd like to feature some of it. So on Saturdays, since we're not able to stand together at a tailgate and reach into an ice filled cooler for some liquid refreshment, we might as well look at what I find especially tasty and hopefully you'll share your favorites as well. Craft beer, cold cans, German, dark and stout, light on the waist, even home brews...nothing is off limits. I always maintain the only bad beer is a warm one. And even then there's times...


Also, I desperately need to read more. At least I have been told this by those close to me. This is something I have realized on my own for some time, but have too easily pushed off. I read scores of articles and posts every night in prepping my mind and blogger account for what's to come. But I do miss the printed words of an actual book.


If you find yourself in the same quandary, join my summer book club. No, we're not going to sit in a circle and talk about Oprah's list of self-helps. The first one in my queue is Erk: Football, Fans and Friends. We'll look at this one a few chapters at a time. So go check your local library or bookstore.


Feel free to join in or just come back and read my thoughts, hopefully cogent...and not the victim of a beer foul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Erk Russell book is a great one. I especially enjoy the story in the book of Mambo Gook. Everyone should read this book!! We need some people on the team this year to say Mambo Gook every freaking play!! Go Dawgs!