Saturday, April 3, 2010

Erin Andrews Continues to Attract the ScumBags


I mean...really??
The emails at first were sexual, but the most recent were explicitly violent and "threatened Erin with murder."
The first time I saw Erin Andrews in person was actually at Historic Mark Richt Field when the nerds were playing the Hokies. It was a Thursday night of course. She was striking, much more interesting than the game.

But I don't get the fascination with her. First of all (for me at least), she's a gator. That's a deal breaker. One that can not be negotiated.

But beyond that I still don't see it. She's attractive. Tall. Blond. But gets way too much attention. Which begs the question...

When does the mutha of all networks accept some responsibility for creating this problem to begin with? 

And for that matter...Ms. Andrews herself.
Andrews has no plans of quitting the show (Dancing With the Stars). ..."She's not the type to be easily threatened..."
Great. But the fact of the matter is that ESPN/ABC loves to put her in front of the camera, and not just from the sidelines of the gridiron. They do so to improve ratings, add some sex appeal to a television product that already begs the attention of a prime demographic.

Maybe it's just because I'm raising two daughters...but what's the end game here? When does a television network draw the line? And when does a tv journalist decide enough is enough?

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Wy wife wanted to watch Dancing with stars the other night. I noticed Pamela Anderson and Kate Gosselin on there, which was an immediate turnoff. Both are very trashy in my book, and then I saw Erin Andrews, and pointed out to my wife she is a gator, which to me is far worse. We changed the channel.

South FL Dawg said...

Raising girls puts things in a different perspective, doesn't it?

I really think Erin Andrews is more eye candy than a sports reporter. Maybe her contract lets ABC assign her to these other gigs during the offseason. Maybe she really likes being on TV. I'm a gal, which means I don't think a woman is ever asking for anything, but what we have here is double-dealing.

Keep up the good work on this blog. Go Dawgs.

Bernie said...

@Dawg Stephen Yeh, my wife used to try to get me to watch that show. Told her I'd rather watch HGTV.

@South FL Dawg Raising girls truly does provide a different perspective. I think if Andrews were my daughter it would be time to reassess the career path. It's a very tight rope. She's in an area of entertainment where it behooves her to dress in tight clothes and pay more attention to her appearance than she does the reporting she gives. It's a precarious truth that this media attention given to her after the peephole incident, the 911 call and now this...it's all helped her career. I certainly don't want my daughters in that position.

Thanks for reading. Go Dawgs!