Monday, October 26, 2015

The team I love to hate

Those who know me can attest, I do not use the words love and hate very often. They are the two most overused words in the millennial/pop culture lexicon. As a society we talk about what songs we love/hate. What flavor $9 coffee we love/hate. What clothing minutiae we love/hate. What tv shows we love/hate. How we hate the rain and how we love the green grass, without ever stopping to think that the two might somehow, in some way, be related! We love this new phone but we hate the new update.


Like, Oh. My. Gahd. That list could go on, like, forever.


In the truest sense of the word, I love these things: my wife, my kids, my dog, my family, my friends, God and the Baby Jesus, the Dawgs, and my back porch.


In the truest sense of the word, I hate these things: satan, yellow jackets, unsweet tea, cold weather, drive thru pulled pork, communism, pedophiles, the gators, as well as the other 12 SEC teams.


But I really hate the gators.

So I use that explanation as a preface for this week’s posts. You're welcome. Now, let's get started.