Wednesday, August 13, 2014

To answer yesterday's question...

...looks like Bing-Dukes is permanent at fullback, at least for this season. In light of the list of concussions, the coaches didn't have much choice but to ask the freshman to help out on the other side of the line.
“If I can help the team, I’ll do it,” he said. “It will probably be just for this year and then I’ll move back to linebacker.”
The 6-foot, 230-pound Bing-Dukes moved from defense and practiced at fullback on Monday.
The move came after starting fullback Merritt Hall was sidelined with an injury. Georgia hasn’t said the nature of Hall’s injury, but the fact that Bing-Dukes is staying at fullback could be a sign that Hall may be out for a while.
He said Georgia coaches needed him there because they were “low at that position.” He said he’s a “quick learner,” and expects to grasp the offensive playbook fast.
“I miss it a lot,” he said of linebacker. “That’s my position, but if I can help out the team then that’s all that matters.”