Monday, October 14, 2013

Mumme Poll - week 7

I forgot to submit my ballot on time last week, so I'm a little late in sharing this. But I'm glad to have the Mumme Poll back this season. So I'll be sharing my ballot week to week like before. For those of you unfamiliar, you pick your top team overall and then the next nine in. Here's who I have this week:
  • Alabama
  • Oregon
  • Clemson 
  • FSU
  • LSU
  • Ohio State
  • Texas A&M
  • South Carolina
  • UCLA
  • Baylor
Observations:

  • Just outside - Miami, Missouri, Stanford.
  • Bama and Oregon are heads and shoulders above the rest in my mind. At least for this point in the season. Still, I'd be surprised if both finished the season unscathed. 
  • The winner of the FSU-Clemson game this weekend could vault into that small sample as well. 
  • The Buckeyes are a square peg that I;m just not sure where to fit them in. What's more is that I'm not sure we'll know how good they are until after their bowl game. 
  • As for South Carolina, perhaps I'm putting too much weight on that Arkansas game, but the score really surprised me.
  • At the bottom I had Stanford in there. They were tough to leave out after a close loss on the road. But if they beat UCLA they'll be right back in.