Sunday, December 16, 2012

Geathers gone?

If you want to know why I listed Kwame as an underclassmen likely about to play his last game as a Georgia Bulldog, here's why:
Geathers’ family has a history of turning pro with eligibility remaining, but he said he will make his own decision.
His brother, Robert, left after his junior season at Georgia and was a fourth-round draft pick in 2004. Another brother, Clifton, went in the sixth round in 2010 out of South Carolina.
Asked if he could buck the trend of Geathers leaving as underclassmen, he said: “I feel like already broke the trend. I’ve been here for four years. They were there for three years.”
I think Kwame would dominate next season and possibly vault himself into the first round of the 2014 NFL draft. But the fact is that he's 22 years old and has been in Athens since he was a kid. I hope I'm wrong. And I really hope Grantham can convince him to leave when he's 23...like I did.

And look at how I turned out.

No comments: