Thursday, August 23, 2012

Big John, how much you've grown!

This interview ($) with John Jenkins really dives deep into the JUCO ranks that both Jenkins emerged from and Coach Richt has tried so hard to avoid. Perhaps this piece sums up both sides:
How hard was it to make that transition?  Last year, I had a tough camp and passed out or whatever, but I was still trying to fight even though everybody was laughing and Coach [Rodney] Garner was on me, but that still didn’t stop me from fighting. There were times where I was like, ‘This is not for me,’ but deep down in my heart, I knew it was for me. I just had to find a way to overcome it. [Mark] Beard is the same way. He’s working hard, trying to adjust to the speed of the game, but he’s hungry. He’s my roommate and I know he’s hungry. 
via

No comments: