Friday, July 20, 2012

Committee of tailbacks, from the horse's mouth

Ok, I gave y'all my two cents. Yesterday Coach Richt himself addressed the make up of the tailback position going into the season.
“We’ve got some really good backs on this football team. It certainly will change Richard Samuel’s role I would think. He was transitioning to at least the hybrid tailback/fullback for us, but I don’t think he’ll be getting an awful lot of time at fullback now. He may still be ready to go if needed over there. He’ll still most of his time at tailback. Of course, Ken Malcome was actually the No. 1 tailback at the end of spring ball. And our two young backs (Keith Marshall and Todd Gurley) will get an opportunity to show what they can do and that’s why they came here to play and play early. Historically freshmen backs can come in and do well. Plus we’ve got (Brandon) Harton and (Kyle) Karempelis, a couple of walk-ons that have played for us and know the system and function well and will only get better as well. So we’ve got some guys that can come in and play.”
Richt doesn't read my blog, but if he did I think he would've voted Karempelis.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

I'm gonna wait as long as I can...but remind me to vote in the poll, but no way I do it before fall practice...only because I gotta see who GETS through fall practice.

Bernie said...

Good, sound logic. But if you decide to vote early, it should let you go back and change your vote later on. At least before the poll closes.