Friday, May 4, 2012

Flashback Friday: Dominique Wilkins

The early to mid 1990's will always be my favorite era for men's hoops. (Neville Austin from the charity stripe anyone?) Carlos Strong and Terrell Bell were Jaguars that stayed home to play for Durham. I happen to be a product of Cedar Shoals HS. The fact that I couldn't dribble a basketball somehow kept me off the gym floor....*sigh*...


Back on point, Shandon Anderson was probably my favorite player to watch. But Dominique Wilkins is considered the best to ever play ball in Stegeman. And yet it was the year after he left that we made the Final Four for what has proven to be the only time in Men's Basketball history. 


The pic below is from a Sports Illustrated in the early 1980's obviously. Thanks to Dawg19 for sharing. I was a little too young to remember much from #21 in a Georgia uniform, but remember plenty of The Human Highlight Film in The Omni after he left Athens. Is Dominique the best ever? He's the record holder for points in a season, but Litterial Green has the career point record. Aside from the best ever discourse...who's the Hoop Dawg you think of most? 



3 comments:

Bernie said...

The man could sky. DGD!

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyUf-9ruJi8

Bernie said...

I could watch Ezra Williams shoot the ball all day.

Bernie said...

Los and TB, mainly because I knew them and they knew me from HS. But I'll always have a spot for my best female hoopster Kelly Robbins. We had a unique connection. It's just sad she past at such a young age.