Friday, December 23, 2011

Schedule and a lump of coal

So we won't have a 2012 schedule until after Christmas which feels like a big lump of coal in the stocking. Okay. Whatevs.


PWD laid out what he's hearing, which is a good mix of what has been leaked and what is known fact (ie. the OOC games are locked and loaded). Here's what he has:
    Week 1: Buffalo (home)
    Week 2: Missouri (away)
    Week 3: Florida Atlantic (home)
    Week 4: Vanderbilt (home)
    Week 5: Tennessee (home)
    Week 6: South Carolina (away)
    Week 7: Kentucky (away)
    Week 8: BYE Week
    Week 9: Florida (Jax)
    Week 10: Alabama (home)
    Week 11: Auburn (away)
    Week 12: Georgia Southern (home)
    Week 13: Georgia Tech (home)
What do you think? I definitely would like to get South Carolina later in the season and I really enjoy the off week before Jax. Other than the awkwardness of having the name Missouri up there, I think it's about what we could hope for.

7 comments:

Bernie said...

I have been saying for years that we need to move the South Carolina game to later in the season. This schedule makes me happy.

Bernie said...

I like that Bye Week before Florida! We used to have a bye week before the Gators every year, and we beat them like a drum.

Bernie said...

Week 10: Ole Miss (Home) instead of Bama

Bernie said...

Actually we really didn't have that bye before Florida very often.   We usually had it before Auburn in the midst of that season ending trio of Florida, Auburn and Tech. 

What changed was that Spurrier got the Gators a bye starting about 93 or so and that continued pretty much unabated until recently.  Georgia has only recently started having a bye the week before the WLOCP.  I always have felt the bye advantage the Gators had was a bigger deal that the so called neutral site.  Most years Florida was simply better, but in more than a few, the bye probably made a difference.

Bernie said...

The 2012 season I'd rather see uSC early while they are breaking in a new DC and new scheme. Catching Lattimore early while he is getting use to a repaired wheel doesn't hurt either.

Bernie said...

I think a bye week before Florida should be a mandatory scheduling feature. That was the first thing Spurrier did when he became the head coach at Florida (schedule a bye before the UGA game). I've heard that with Mizzou on the schedule, we'd drop Bama. We'll see.

Bernie said...

My first reaction is: "Wow, 7 home games!" I like that a lot. Playing the #Lamecocks later is a plus I believe as well. As I respond I'm hearing we will not play Bama,yet another plus. Always going to love an off-week prior to #Jax and GSU prior to #NATS will give us extra prep for the option attack.Our critics will cry,once more,"weak schedule!" I never listen to the critics.I focus on what we as a fan base have to do to support our boys.I'm looking at being able to  possibly hit 11 0f 12 (no Missouri trip for sure!). I will be all in in 2012! As I am every year...GATA and Happy New Year BD!