Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Traditions

For as long as I can remember Christmas Eve has been my favorite day of the year. Even as a kid I enjoyed the traditions and warmth of family time on December 24th as much or more than Christmas Day itself. I hope you are having a terrific Christmas weekend. There's a lot to be proud of in the Dawg Nation. But it doesn't come close to the joy of this time of year. I'm taking a moment here to lounge and take I some football while smelling the smells coming from the kitchen. Later we'll go to church and then I'll make the traditional Christmas Eve meal, shrimp and grits. Then some readings, singing, cookies laid out. Maybe a movie. And bedtime. You just can't beat it. Hope your traditions bring a smile to your face that rivals the one on mine. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Oh, I really adore all Christmas Eve traditions!)) They are wonderful, giving so much warmth and tenderness)) Close to the dearest and nearest...Mmmmm...)))  Waiting for it every year)