Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dead Winter decisions

I remember cursing the snow that deadlocked Georgia for most of a week last January. Turns out it had its benefits this Fall.
Brandon Boykin would not be on the Georgia football team this season if it hadn't been for a well-timed snowstorm last year.

The Georgia senior cornerback and special teams star said on Tuesday that "I kind of had my mind made up at one point" to  pro after last season. But when he returned to Athens for a team meeting, the snow and ice storm struck the area.

“I got stuck here for a couple days. And just over those couple days I started talking to coach and all the coaches and started thinking of things," Boykin said. "I felt it was kind of a sign from God.”
I'll buy a snow shovel if it's necessary to keep these guys in Athens an extra year or two.

2 comments:

AthensHomerDawg said...

It's the weather right now that has me concerned about the quality reps our team is able to get in. Meanwhile sunny with  highs in the lows 60s in Baton Rouge.

Bernie said...

Can we freeze out the Dome Friday night? I'll work on getting a key. You get as many doorstops as you can find. Then we'll leave that place open all night. That way our players have Mother Nature on their side.