Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Marshall Morgan commits for '12 class

The nation's top kicker for the 2012 class has committed to Coach Richt. Marshall Morgan of Coral Springs joins CJ Curry as commits for next year's class.
[Morgan] picked Georgia over Florida State, Florida, Virginia Tech and TCU.
“We could hear coach Richt screaming on the phone he was so excited,” said Tim Conrad, Morgan’s special teams coach at Archbishop McCarthy High School who also coaches Morgan individually.
The 6-foot-3, 195-pound Morgan was 15 of 16 on field goals as a junior with a long of 53 yards. He also averaged 43.6 yards per punt. Morgan will arrive at Georgia after Walsh, from Boca Raton, Fla., wraps up his Bulldogs career.
“I’ll be able to start right away,” Morgan said. “I love Georgia, the whole atmosphere. Everyone’s just good people. When I went there, I knew I fit like a glove. It was just perfect.”
Here's my post from about a month ago on Morgan. Quite the steal from the heart of Florida, especially for a kid that can boom it like Walsh...and Butler. 


Go Dawgs! 

No comments: