Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trifecta imPerfecta

I guess when you look at the odds of yesterday's wager, one of three ain't bad. A few random thoughts that are sure bets:
  • Grantham and Belin have a plethora of new starters this fall. And while we've lost a lot to graduation, attrition and the NFL Draft, from what I've heard Jarvis Jones could've been our biggest talent there. Richard Samuel's ready too. And don't forget about TJ Stripling. He's recovering well, but will miss spring ball due to rehab.
  • And give Coach Richt and Grantham a LOT of credit for making this decision a difficult one for Houston. They really got in his ear about coming back and making himself a top pick. But in the end he had to make the choice he was most comfortable with. 
  • Speaking of pro football, it really sucked last night. Looking back on that Nicholas induced fumble early I guess we should have paid more attention to how wide open the Packer receiver was. The secondary was the primary problem all night.
  • The decision to go for points at the end of the first half I thought was the right one. Coach Smith is a good coach. He's seen Mularkey and Ryan take his team down the field in fewer ticks. So if you're upset with him over that you probably got a late seat on the bandwagon.
  • And big kudos to Coach Fox and the Hoop Dawgs. I really thought we'd get that SEC road monkey off our backs yesterday. But I had no idea we'd throw it off and stomp on its face like that for a full 40 minutes.
I heard Andy Kennedy couldn't even hail a cab home from Tad Smith Coliseum last night.

2 comments:

AthensHomerDawg said...

I was so looking forward to seeing the Falcons in a couple more games.

Bernie said...

Yeh, me too. That was a kick in the gut! Now I bet the wife expects some things to get done next weekend.

Jeesh!