Friday, January 7, 2011

Sturdivant Staying in Athens



Trinton Sturdivant will return for his senior season, he tells ABHs Marc Weiszer. And it was an expectedly difficult decision for the tackle who has undergone two knee rehabs.
“It was a really, really, very, very tough decision being that my lifelong goal was to play in the NFL,” Sturdivant said. “It’s been tarnished because of the two injuries. I was really thinking about leaving this year because of so many different factors because of the what if.”
The 6-foot-5, 312-pound Sturdivant, who was not expected to be an early round draft pick, saw risk in staying or going.
“Both sides are very risky,” Sturdivant said. “If I stay I could get injured and potentially never play NFL ball, but if I left I would have reached my goal hopefully of making it to the NFL. There were some more obstacles this year with the lockout. …I feel like I’ve made a really good decision.”
With Sturdivant still in the fold, we wait to hear from others...officially. 

2 comments:

UGA69Dawg said...

His feedback must have been terrible. He may have been told that his injuries would result in him not even getting a sniff otherwise you have to think the league minimum would be better than staying.

Ben Fratlock said...

Love that photo. Classic.