Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Coach Dooley and Mental Health


Coach (Vince) Dooley is venturing into the unknown Saturday. The unknown of having to root for his son (ergo, against the Dawgs) in the very home his UGA paychecks built. For good measure he also weighed in on our 1-4 season thus far.
I'm sure Coach (Mark) Richt is even more surprised than I am. But I've always said each year is a venture into the unknown. You absolutely don't know what's going to happen.
Yeh, like having to erase the cherished memory of your beloved legendary coach being carried off the field on the shoulders of his players and replace it with one of him singing that dreadful song...over and over and over again.

(And yeh...I get that it's his own son. It's hard to pull against your own kids. Believe me, I get that. But it's also hard to picture Dooley using that trademark body english from his den to force a late Blair Walsh field goal attempt wide of the upright.)

2 comments:

BLowe said...

I pray and hope that the legend will swing his hips in the right way on Saturday (our way).. Go DAWGS

Bernie said...

Yeh, maybe in the heat of the moment convulsing for Agent Orange won't come so naturally. lol