Friday, September 17, 2010

Arkansas Preview - Piggly Wiggly


I've been sick all week, but I didn't know I was on my deathbed until the wife asked me if I'd be able to go to Athens tomorrow. Cuz my own funeral is about the only way I'd miss the game. Of course, it also helps that she was holding my newly prescribed Z-pak in her hands. My doctor evidently understands the importance of the outdoor Athens air on a fall Saturday.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna make this quick. She'll be back from Kroger any minute. And I'm supposed to be resting.

Like Exile, I tend to get more and more optimistic the closer I get to gameday. Earlier in the week we not only learned that AJ's case wouldn't be heard until today, but also that Branden Smith, Shaun Chapas and Caleb King remain doubtful. That hurts.

But I think we win this for these simple reasons:
  • Defensively I think the Hogs play right into our hands. Mallett has an arm that is scary good. But he hasn't yet proved himself on the road, in fact he's lucky that this isn't a night game. It also helps that he's anemic under pressure. And pressure is Grantham's middle name. Touch Mallett early and often and this could be a big victory.
  • Offensively we torched the swine last season, and we're actually a better offensive team right now when we're not having trouble with our own identity. And at home I think it'll be easier to establish control. I'd feel much more comfortable about this if AJ, Shaun and King were able to go. But the fact is that even without them we have the tools to dissect this defense again. Aaron Murray needs a break out game and this sets up as a likely match made 'tween the hedges.
  • The more pig we eat on the field the less fans will want from that gayturd Sonny from the concession stands.
Maybe that's just the vitamin C talking, but that's how I see it. Now go sterilize your eyes and bring your best bark tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mrs. George P. Burdell said...

Hope you feel better Bernie!

JenniferfromLaJolla said...

I'll wear my rally cap for you! Feel better!

AthensHomerDawg said...

I knew it! Get well, you might have to suit up!

Bernie said...

The college football Gods came to me in a dream last night, and said that I shall be rid of this feverish disease. They said I must go to Athenstown this morning...and bark my ass off. Just before they left I swore I heard them ringing the Chapel Bell.

I think one of their names was Russ...