Tuesday, July 6, 2010

GATA Uga

The other day my daughter asked me if we had found a new Uga yet. I've raised both girls to love dogs as much as Dawgs. In fact, before we left for vacation the younger daughter had a hand written message to our chocolate lab and taped it to the back door, facing out: I Love You Munson. 

Altogether...Awwww!


Back to Uga VIII...I just explained to her that it takes time and that he's actually the Seilers' pet. They want the right one. Besides, Russ has shown he can hold down a bag of ice or two.

But it all got me thinking about our great mascot and some signature moments. Perhaps my favorite of all time is this...


If Robert Baker has any children today, they can thank Charles' tight grip on that leash.

And here's some video from Uga VIIs ceremonial Passing of the Bone a couple years ago. Notice the worried startle at about the 1:40 mark when the Redcoats join in. Makes you appreciate the transition these dogs go through from family puppy to full fledged mascot. It's not a job for just any dawg.



So glad we have the best damn mascot in the history of sport. Best of luck to the Seilers in the selection process. We'll pass that bone, when it's time. 

4 comments:

Ally said...

Wait. You let on vaca & left Munson in the back yard in 90 degree heat? Poor puppy :(

Bernie said...

Munson doesn't do vacays. He prefers to have the neighbor girl look after him.

Ally said...

Yeah, but did he have any relief from the heat? I hear they make air conditioned dog houses...

Bernie said...

And when he comes home with Robert Baker's danglies in his mouth, I'll change his name to Donnan's Best and buy him one of those AC Dawg Houses...and two bags of ice.