Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Doing away with Appearances

Coach Richt's press conference is set to begin here shortly. Before he gets his say, I just want to make one point. 


A lot of people are asking what kind of record CMR needs in 2011 to keep his job. Is the SEC East enough? Then further, if he wins a division or a conference title next season then falls back to 8-4 in 2012, what then?


I don't know the answer to that. To be honest, there's not really a fair one anyway. And I certainly don't know what I expect to hear him say this morning that's going to make me feel better about what has happened the last few months years.


But I do know this, no one is on the same page right now. Not the fans, the players, the coaches. I don't think the team as a whole played with much passion at all Friday...or the season as a whole. It appeared to me as if no one wanted to be in Memphis Friday except the fans who traveled there. It appeared to me as if the players and the coaches weren't any more in sync this season as last. 


Talk is cheap. Right now doing away with appearances is at a premium in Athens.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Telling me what needs to be done is one thing. A plan to fix it is another. Putting that plan to action is next, and making it work is the final step. So far, we all can point out our greivances, I want a solution.. Action and results are all that matter now.

Wish I were smart enough to say more

AthensHomerDawg said...

Mark's legacy is how the program goes from here. The SEC Championships will no longer define Mark.