Saturday, April 3, 2010

Taxi Cab Confessions, part dos


After today's scrimmage, Coach Richt said that he would have a comment on Monday in regards to the now infamous taxi cab incident from last weekend.

Richt says he'll have a comment Monday on the Taxi incident. "things I'd like to say about it, but I'll wait til Monday."
Just a thought...if I were a coach who had some players that needed to be held accountable for their actions, I'd be itching for the right opportunity and moment to provide that for them. However, if I were a coach who had a group of players wrongly identified I'd be chomping at the bit to defend them.

Since we have some time, let's collect some more thoughts to marinate:
  • Where are the names?
  • As I peruse the roster, there's only two "Dereks": Derrick Lott and Derek Rich. (Rich is white, fwiw)
  • Derrick Lott's Facebook updates give no hints of anything out of the ordinary last week, other than him losing his phone.
  • Whether it was football players or not, I'd love to hear the other side of this story. There's plenty missing from that report.
  • I mean, you don't just climb into a van and call a dude a white racist for nothing without having some serious issues...like DSM IV type issues.
Understand me, I'm not making excuses. Whoever is guilty of battery and terroristic threats needs to appear before a judge in handcuffs and a jumpsuit. But there's a good chance the rest of the people in the van weren't coming from Palm Sunday service at their church at that time of day. 

Let's get the full story. Then let's put this whole thing in the taxi's rear view mirror.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To my knowledge, you are not a coach. I suspect that it's a lot more complicated than it looks.

RhettNDecatur said...

Anon @ 3:55, I'm not a blogger, but I think that's what the whole "things to marinate" section of the post was all about. I think you kind of missed his point. Coach Richt didn't say more despite the opportunity because it is more complicated.

UGA NATION Blog said...

I think it's clear that Bernie isn't a coach so let's not pretend that he stated to be one.

I think this is his opinion, which I think is a good one. In no way do I comprehend this as an easy decision so what is the problem post?

Anyway, everyone has there right to a statement, so well played.

I will say this, which I didn't post. I friend of mine that has classes with Marlon Brown texted Marlon on Friday and asked about "taxi-gate".
Marlon did not respond today until after the scrimmage and his words were - "UGA football players were not involved"