Thursday, October 1, 2015

Winning with morals. Is it getting easier?

Dan Wolken's "Georgia takes the higher road" article is making the rounds. Lengthy read that is at times uncomfortable and at others quite cozy.

Essentially I come down to this...
“Do I like losing? Hell no, I want to win every one,” said Dink NeSmith, president of Athens-based Community Newspapers, Inc., and a former Board of Regents chairman. “But I’m not willing to sell my soul to the devil just to say we won. There’s a certain pride, without being condescending, where we try to hold ourselves to a higher standard.”
 ...and this concluding thought - "Can't we have both a higher standard and all the success we desire?"

It's a question I've been asking since well before I started blogging. And now that some of the monetary handicaps from the earlier years of the Mark Richt Era are gone, I think we're much, much closer to an answer.