Saturday, January 24, 2015

"I was like, 'I'm playing in an SEC game, yeah!'"

via UGASports

We hear so much (especially this time of year) about young men coming into the program to start their collegiate career. Personally, I find it more relevant,  refreshing to look at the grown men going out after their collegiate career is done. That's why I thoroughly enjoyed the start to Dash's new series of exit interviews. He starts with someone that didn't play much, Zach DeBell, who provides a unique perspective of what it's like to maybe fall short of your dreams, but enjoy the hell out of the ride.
UGASports: What was your most disappointing moment?
DeBell: "Tech. (After the game) Coach (Joe) Tereshinski gave us, it wasn't an earful but he gave us a speech and that was the first time I was like - whoa. When it comes to coaching, that's the most heart I've seen in long time. He lives, breathes and dies Georgia football. I'm not going to go into details because it was a lot of team stuff, but he's got a lot of heart."