Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"Come play receiver for the Leak..er!"

Doesn't have quite the same ring.
Florida coach Will Muschamp announced Wednesday that receivers coach Joker Phillips has resigned from the position.
“I'm thankful for the opportunity that the University of Florida and Will Muschamp provided to me and my family, but at this time I have decided to step down from my position on the UF coaching staff for personal reasons,'' Phillips said in a release from the school.
Muschamp and the Gators didn't have to look far for a replacement either, as former Florida quarterback Chris Leak has been promoted from his role as an offensive graduate assistant to take over Phillips' old job. Leak spent the spring working alongside new offensive coordinator Kurt Roper this spring as the Gators installed a new up-tempo offense.
Seriously. I'd feel sorry for Mill Wuschamp if he hadn't asked for this shit.