Saturday, May 10, 2014

Defensive back-tracking

Josh Harvey-Clemons left.

Shaq Wiggins is leaving.

First thought: Grantham is recruiting better than he ever did in Athens.

Second thought: Remarkably, we just got younger at defensive back. But when you consider the fact that Wiggins couldn't rise to the spring occasion, chances are he wasn't going to see much of the field anyway, barring attrition by injury.

Good luck with your "fresh" start Shaq. Sincerely hope the grass is greener up yonder. More importantly, I hope the young(er) guys are hungry.

- - - - - - - - - -

UPDATE:
Shaq speaks about difficulty fitting in.
"First of all, (the) University of Georgia is a great school and I would like to thank Coach Richt and his staff for the opportunity to play at Georgia. When you are new to an organization, it’s extremely important to have the right fit. I love football and want to reach my highest potential. Therefore, after careful thought and much consideration, I believe that it is in the best interest of all parties that we part ways.
"I am looking for a team who will embrace my personality, someone who is a jovial, carefree and a bit of a jokester but who knows when to put jokes aside, get focused and become a true competitor, especially when on the field.
"I want to learn, and I want someone who can channel my energy and enthusiasm to take my game to the next level."