Friday, February 21, 2014

Careful what you wish for Ekeler

There was much to take away from the Ekeler presser yesterday. The guy sounds about as intense and excited to be in Athens as you could expect. But as the wife and I rehashed it last night, this snippet stuck out:
“They’re gonna have to take me out of here at gunpoint,” Ekeler said. “This is where I want to be.”
Exactly what you want to hear from a new coach. And as an Athens native I can echo that sentiment for my favorite city on the planet.

But we've got some crazy high expectations, do we not? We're so starved for competent and consistent special teams play (something Ekeler even pointed out in his interview with Richt, which produced a hearty and appreciative chuckle for sure), but we can temper those expectations out a bit and harness our anxiety enough to let the man work...

Right?