Monday, December 9, 2013

McGarity's spin on the Husker déjà vu

Am I appreciative on any bowl invite? Yes. I'm more than old enough to remember what it feels like to be a Florida fan or a Tennessee fan this time of year.

But if you don't see that getting the same opponent in a bowl two years in a row as an insult at best and a slap in the face at worst, then you need to take the blinders off bud. Our players may be putting on a good face now, but just imagine your disappointment at playing Nebraska again and then multiply it times 20 or so and you'll be approaching what they're truly feeling on the inside.

Personally, I went on my rant had myself a little hissy fit on the twitters last night. But I had almost come to grips with the repeat matchup this morning until I read this:
“It’s in a different venue, it’s a different site,” McGarity said. “I would be more concerned it if were the same city, same site. For our players and staff, they’ve never really spent more than one night, actually never in Jacksonville. It’s always been St. Augustine. Heck, we play teams every year regardless. We play Auburn every year, we play (Georgia) Tech every year. In that case, people have always turned out in great numbers.”
That's grade A spin right there. Just as fast as he can shovel it onto your plate. Maybe you're a person that will eat it up regardless. But to me, all I see is a guy that's trying to sell some tickets after getting backdoored by Slive and the bowls. Again.