Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Morgan kicks the weight off his shoulders

Given how things turned out Saturday evening, I found a quote in this piece by Paschall pretty telling of the journey Marshall Morgan has been on in his brief yet evolving career at Georgia.
Within an instant of drilling a 42-yard field goal to clinch Georgia's 34-31 overtime win at Tennessee last weekend, Bulldogs kicker Marshall Morgan found himself under a sea of teammates.
"I was trying to get them off me," a smiling Morgan said Tuesday. "That was a lot of weight, and I've got asthma."
I know the guy has kicked plenty of field goals that were much longer (one of which was earlier in the game), but that one in overtime was undeniably the biggest of his career. Especially considering the one he clanked off the upright in the third quarter seemed to be a huge momentum shift.

A lot of pressure on the one to win it. And he drilled it!