Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Malcolm ready to exorcise some demons

Although demons might be a strong word. Still, he sounds like the idea of missing most of the Capital One Bowl (he went out early with an apparent concussion after returning a kick and never returned) still haunts him.

Or is it something else?
Mitchell is also unquestionably the top option at receiver, now that Tavarres King has graduated. Murray and Mitchell each said the coaches are moving Mitchell around a lot, trying to maximize his abilities and create some mismatches. In the past he's tended to start on the short side of the field, but Mitchell said he's now working the slot and the wide side.
"I think I can become a lot better, just off of some of the things that happened to me last year, that didn't go my way, now I'm learning how to make sure things do go my way."
As we talked about a couple weeks ago, this shapes up to be a very big year for Mitchell. And of course he is quite aware of that.