Thursday, December 13, 2012

Our haunted quarterback

Yesterday when I got home the wife was replaying the game...the Bama game. Although I only caught a glimpse my heart sank and I couldn't draw a breath. I just quietly did a 180 and walked back downstairs.

And I thought I had it bad.
Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray says he has yet to move past what occurred in the closing seconds of the SEC championship game, when the Bulldogs' hopes for an upset of Alabama and a chance at a national title died at the Crimson Tide's 5-yard line.
"I can't sleep at night," Murray said Wednesday in his first interview since the 32-28 loss to Alabama on Dec. 1. "I literally replay the entire game pretty much every night before I go to bed. It's stressful. It's a game that will probably haunt me the rest of my life, honestly."
[Here's Radi's video of the answer that includes a quick comment about the bowl game and the seniors.] Then later...
"We're great at (the back-shoulder fade)," Murray said. "That's why I feel like if that ball wasn't tipped, there was a pretty good chance that it would have been a completion. But hey, it happens. Move on."
And our quarterback is having a hard time practicing what he preaches when it comes to moving on. More so than the rest of us I'm sure. Easier said than done.

2 comments:

AthensHomerDawg said...

I know exactly where you are coming from Bernie. Haven't watched the DVR .... might not. Youngest son just won't talk about it at all. Actually fumed off when I tried to discuss it. We are a pretty miserable group are we not? Oh well Christmas around the corner. You cannot win 'em all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gPQ6RFrkz8I

Bernie said...

Thanks AHD. Speaking of Christmas...I have a list of wishes from Santa's lap post in the hopper. Hopefully it doesn't get tipped at the line of scrimmage.


Ugh. There I go again...