Friday, August 3, 2012

First day reactions: the OL

Speaking of the offensive line, I'm still optimistic. Here's why.
  1. I really like the guys we lost, but I think we could see an upgrade on the interior. As AHD pointed out the other day, Andrews gives up a little in size to Ben Jones. But Friend loves this kid, so I'm expecting big things.
  2. Last year we often had four guards in at a time, like a lot.. This year we should see some tackle-type bodies on the field.
  3. Believe me, I'm just as much a wait and see kind of guy as the next. But this Theus kid will be a monster. I was sold as soon as he and his dad blocked my view at G-Day.
  4. The biggest reason I'm optimistic is schedule related. No, I'm not referring to it through Spurrier's lenses. At least not directly. But look at that schedule and tell me one team, outside of the SECCG, that is going to have a defensive front as fast and as furious as the one our guys will be facing every day of camp?
Go ahead. I'll wait here for your answer.

3 comments:

Bernie said...

answer to question #4. Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Florida, Missouri, Auburn and South Carolina.

Bernie said...

answer to question #4. Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Florida, Missouri, Auburn and South Carolina.

Bernie said...

Still laughing about Kyle claiming Arkansas has a defensive front.... or anything that even resembles a defense!!!