Friday, March 9, 2012

Five Reasons to Watch the Hoop Dawgs tonight

My 5am alarm was a pain in the ass this morning after a late night of double dosing on Montenegrin expressos. My reward...toothpicks to hold my eyelids open tonight during the second round against the 'Dores.


And I couldn't be happier. Here's why:
Georgia guard Gerald Robinson (22) shoots past Mississippi State forward Renardo Sidney (1) during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game in the first round of the Southeastern Conference tournament at the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Thursday, March 8, 2012.
AP photo
  1. Granted it's taken longer than we had hoped, but this team is playing well together. Real well. There will be matchup issues against the top tier talent of course. But Neme, GRjr and Donte Williams are really shining through. It's not just an offense that passes a couple times and hopes KCP can hit the jumper.

  2. Coach Fox. There are definite lingering doubts about recruiting at a level to compete yearly, but the guy has proven he can coach. Real well. He has his team prepared, win or lose. I won't be surprised should we lose to the #3 seed tonight. But more importantly, I wouldn't be surprised if we won either.

  3. Yet another rare chance to feed your intense dislike for Vanderbilt in hopes that it continues to grow into an intense hatred. Bigger d-bag, Kevin Stallings or James Franklin? Discuss.

  4. Let's face it, basketball teams (actually any kind of team for that matter) that are in sync are more fun to watch. And the Hoop Dawgs are working the hardwood regardless of substitutions, foul trouble and the like. 
    “We’re finally comfortable,” Fox said. “We have got a rotation that guys are used to and I think we understand the roles that we’re playing.”

  5. If you didn't see his first one last night, you might see Neme's second career DUNK!!! tonight. Go Dawgs!
If you need a better reason than those, I can't help you. Hand your pants back to your wife, cuddle up with her on the sofa and lemme know how Matthew McConnahey is doing.

BONUS: from @BassinDawg... Pope Montenegro.






DOUBLE BONUS: courtesy of DevereauxDawg....a 6th reason to watch - Dustin Ware has 997 career points. I have a hunch he'll surpass that tonight.

4 comments:

Bernie said...

All good reasons, but I think you spelled Matt's name wrong.

Bernie said...

And I couldn't be prouder of myself. :)

Bernie said...

Plus we get to see a guy hit a 1000 points. Very cool. I will be watching. Go Dawgs!

Bernie said...

Dammit! How'd I forget to add that. I think the lack of sleep has officially kicked my ass.