Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rambo...you had me at JUGS

I'd complain about this more if our receivers were having trouble catching footballs.
“Sometimes the receivers are going over to get on the JUGS and he beats them to it,” freshman receiver Chris Conley said. “So we’ll go and do another drill after practice until he gets off the JUGS.”
Rambo says the after practice time catching balls out of the machine and extra time watching game film have contributed to his rise as one of the nation’s top ball hawks in the secondary.
“It’s just the small things that I’m trying to improve on,” Rambo said.
Rambo leads the Southeastern Conference and is second nationally in interceptions.
The redshirt junior from Donalsonville has seven interceptions in nine games this season, making up for lost time after being suspended for the opener for an unspecified violation of team rules.
“Missing that first game made me hungry,” Rambo said. “I had a lot to prove this year. I let a lot of people down and I wanted to show them I’m sorry for what I did and just go out there and ball out and just give those guys my all.”

2 comments:

Chesnut433 said...

We need twin jugs!  For the team that needs everything, a pair would be great.  One for the WRs and one for the DBs.  Sanders Commings needs extra work with the Jugs  if he wants to compare his hands to Rambo's.

Bernie said...

Well said.